A selection of Backgrounds made for Space Dandy #9, episode imagined and directed by Eunyoung Choi. I had the chance to paint every backgrounds which took 4 and 1/2 month for 340 cuts. If you like those I can make an other selection :) Anyway I encourage you to watch the show!
You can also follow me on twitter : https://twitter.com/AYMRC
Amazing Background works of my friend AYMRC for Space☆Dandy #9.
Favourite animators: Mitsuo Iso (磯光雄) and his work on the End of Evangelion
- Mitsuo Iso is known for his jerky yet detailed animation, full of dense sophisticated motion. He refers to his own style as “full limited" or "full 3-frame". In traditional animation, animation with a drawing count below one drawing every two frames (or "on twos") is considered limited animation. Working on threes and fours, Iso draws every keyframe without passing his work to an in-betweener, allowing him full control to create the most detailed motion possible with the fewest number of drawings, hence the term "full limited". (wikipedia)
- Introduction to Mitsuo Iso’s style
- Sakuga: The Animation of Anime pt.7 - Mitsuo Iso and New Realism
- More scenes animated by Mitsuo Iso: part 1, part 2, the fight from EoE
- List of anime he’s worked on + sakuga wiki
- He also wrote and directed the 2007 anime series “Dennō Coil”
the way asuka swings that blade with such weight, the scale of this sequence and the way the trees and ground are destroyed that’s the stuff that haunts my dreams. I think this particular sequence, Iso’s stuff, is so deeply imbedded in how i think about large-scale action & fights like this in my own work.
"IN THE NAME OF THE MOON, I WILL PUNISH YOU!" - by Cameron Garland of cameron+whitney
Sailor Moon fanart piece hand-drawn, hand-painted, and hand-cut by me (Cameron Garland), entirely with paper.
This piece, along with a bunch of other pieces will be for sale at Emerald City Comic Con ‘14, March 28-30! This will be my first time tabling at a con and I’m so gosh darn excited!!! I’ll have a table with the wonderfully talented bubblegumbones who you should be following right now! More details to come the closer we get to ECCC ‘14!
This is piece #3 in my “items” series (click the picture below or click HERE for pieces #1 & 2 in the series, featuring The Legend of Zelda and Adventure Time)
For more of my work, you can find me here: